Aspiring Bakers #31 - Bao Ho-Chiak 包好吃 (May 2013)

Looking for the best chinese steamed bun recipe? Here is the Roundup for Aspiring Bakers #31 - Bao Ho-Chiak 包好吃 (May 2013).

And if you are into steaming cakes, don't forget to browse through the Roundup for Aspiring Bakers #25 - Steaming Hot Cakes (Oct 2012).

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

CNY Coconut Cookies with Dried Cranberries


I have a packet of dried cranberries which I bought from ALDI at the spur of the moment and now sitting lonely in the pantry and yet another bag of dessicated coconut from Colruyt which has also been squatting in my pantry for quite some time. I was trying to find a recipe that uses both ingredients while searching through my recipe blogs via Google Reader and I happened to chance upon Corner Cafe's CNY Coconut Cookie recipe. He used dessicated coconut and glace cherries but I swopped glace cherries with dried cranberries. Dessicated coconut and dried cranberries don't look like they are a match in heaven, but in fact they are! Wait till you try this recipe. :)

This is a lovely recipe, the coconut cookies with dried cranberries do keep well for at least a week or two if you keep them in air-tight containers. In fact, they still taste as fresh after 10 days and there are no signs of rancid butter smell as with some other cookies.

I am glad that I have mastered yet another good recipe for CNY. I baked so many cookies this week that I really have to watch my bourgeoning waistline even before CNY arrives, hehehe.


I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover.

1 comment:

  1. Bee,
    Coconut cookies, i bet they are brust with coconut aroma!!
    Hope i can have a piece now..:p

    mui

    ReplyDelete

Hi,
Thank you for dropping by my blog and taking the time to comment. All feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave your name (real or nick) if you would like me to answer a recipe question, otherwise all. anonymous questions and comments will be strictly ignored. Anonymity is one of my pet peeves. And any spam or links to adverts will be deleted. Thank you and have a nice day!

Print Button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails