Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Little Thumbs Up - It's Curry Time!

It's already June, but yet the weather is still moody (no thanks to global warming!), and that generally makes the people moody too. We, in Belgium, have been experiencing one of the coldest and wettest month of May in 50 years and European countries such as Austria and Czech Republic are experiencing severe flooding! I am thumbing for better weather this week, hopefully the temperature will "soar" to twenty degrees. 

Having just finished the Aspiring Bakers Bao Ho-Chiak event (phew!) and having suffered some serious "bao overloading", I have hardly rested for a day but now I need to immerse myself in the curry mood, quickly kickstart my curry event asap and make the inlinkz linky code available on my blog. Why? Because I have already received the first curry recipe submission via email even before I penned this post! Thank you, Kimmy! :)

By the way, if you are not already aware, the Little Thumbs Up, is a blog hop event organized by Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids and Doreen from my little favourite D.I.Y. , where an ingredient is selected each month and everyone is welcome to join by using the selected ingredient either in cooking or baking. I am the host for this month, and my selected ingredient is curry powder / curry paste

The reason why I chose curry powder / curry paste is simply because I like curry, and there are many health benefits associated with curry spices  (tumeric, cumin, coriander, ginger, chilli powder), so I would like to see how creative one can be with curry. It's not just the curry dish we are talking about, you can submit recipes of curry rice, curry noodles, laksa, curry buns, curry puffs, samosa, murtabak, roti prata, otak-otak, rendang, basically anything under the sun that uses curry powder or curry paste. And it can be ready-made or home-made powder or paste. If it is home-made, we would appreciate you listing the ingredients and method of preparation of your powder or paste.
 Photobucket

So please join us this month, cook or bake any recipes using curry powder /  curry paste as one of the ingredients, post it in your blog within this month, (1 June to 30 June 2013), and link to Little Thumbs Up, by submitting via the inlinkz tool provided at the bottom of this post. 
  • Feel free to display the Little Thumbs Up badge in your post.
  • Last date of linking will be on 30th June 2013.

Note: Pls check and make sure you link to my site using this link, otherwise it will get buried under my new postings in no time, thank you!
http://everybodyeatswell.blogspot.be/2013/06/little-thumbs-up-its-curry-time.html

If you are interested in last month's theme (mushrooms), don't forget to visit Joyce of Kitchen Flavours.

31 comments:

  1. Hi Bee,
    Just link up my first curry dish.
    mui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have been very busy these few days, mui mui! :)
      Thanks for your unwavering support! This is the first time I hear of Gulai Darat Ayam (since I am not from Malaysia), but it sure looks very delicious to me!

      Delete
  2. okay, will see what to curry!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very good blog. I came across it by chance via My Little Favourite DIY.
    Well, I just submitted an Easy Kapitan Chicken Curry. Hopefully to participate in your future projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ivy,
      Thanks for your Easy Kapitan Chicken Curry, looks delicious and really easy for busy mums like me. Hope to see more of your recipes for this curry event. :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Miss B,
    I've linked an Indian fish curry! Lovely theme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Miss B, I have linked my recipe for this month's LTU :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Miss B,
    I've linked up an Indian curry vegetable stir-fry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Miss B,
    I've linked up a delicious pork curry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joyce! Wow, so many curry dishes flying in, I can hardly keep up with the reading, and that reminds me, I am supposed to submit a few curry dishes too!

      Delete
  8. Hi Miss B,
    I submitted another easy curry dish using canned sardine. This is very suitable for training kids to take curry or any spicy food. Have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Miss B,
    Crispy Curry Fried Chicken from my kitchen! Thanks for hosting, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce, thank you once again! Wow, looks like KFC spicy fried chicken, yummy yummy!

      Delete
  10. finally, able to posted.:) i submit my 鱼圆咖喱鸡面·Fish Ball Chicken Curry Mee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Miss B

    Just submitted my 4th entry for the June 'curry' event. I've enjoyed this blog hopping session a lot :-D

    My entries -
    # 7 Easy Breezy Hassle-free Curry Puffs
    # 13 Scurry Chicken Curry - A labour of LOVE
    # 30 SPICY Summer in Saint Remy-de-Provence
    # 52 Masala Vada (Spiced Dhall Fritters): Hawkers' Delight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your great support, Nasifriet! :)
      I realise I have not been keeping pace with the entries... :)

      Delete
  12. Hi Miss B, I've just linked my curry entry for this month's LTU! Have a lovely weekend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Miss B,
    Glad to be able to link 1 entry for this event. Thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, the link has closed? Oh well, I thought I could still link up my curry bun post but looks like I can't now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry, Jeannie. I don't control the link, the link was closed yesterday. Would have to ask Zoe or Mui Mui if it's possible to let you link up.

      Delete
    2. Hi Bee,
      Thank you so much for hosting such a delightful 'it's Curry Time' for LTU! You are a great host.

      Hi Jeannie,
      We have linked up your post to LTU.
      Thank you for linking :)

      mui

      Delete
    3. Hi Bee,

      Thanks for hosting June LTU! I hope that you enjoy all these curry cooking as much as I do. Nice to see 71 entries!

      Due to my USA trip, I was only able to submit 2 curry posts. My biggest regret of all is not being able to bake spiral curry puff made by Kit. *sign* Oh well, we only have this much time to do these amount of things...

      Enjoy the rest of our summer. We are waiting for ours to come :D

      Zoe

      Delete
  15. Thanks gals, glad to be part of the event..hope to join in next month and not cut it so late lol!

    ReplyDelete

Hi,
Thank you for dropping by my blog and taking the time to comment. All feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave your name (real or nick) if you would like me to answer a recipe question, otherwise all. anonymous questions and comments will be strictly ignored. Anonymity is one of my pet peeves. And any spam or links to adverts will be deleted. Thank you and have a nice day!

Print Button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails