Aspiring Bakers #31 - Bao Ho-Chiak 包好吃 (May 2013)

Looking for the best chinese steamed bun recipe? Here is the Roundup for Aspiring Bakers #31 - Bao Ho-Chiak 包好吃 (May 2013).

And if you are into steaming cakes, don't forget to browse through the Roundup for Aspiring Bakers #25 - Steaming Hot Cakes (Oct 2012).

Saturday, January 11, 2014

CNY Almond Cookies (外脆内酥的杏仁酥饼)


I have made these almond cookies many many times since 2010, I usually bake them 2 or 3 times a year, and this must be the 10th time I am making them. :)

However when I made them this time round, I was a little smart-aleck and maybe a little over-confident and I didn't stick to the original recipe which used 50% butter and 50% margarine. I used just butter alone since I didn't have margarine in the fridge and I thought it wouldn't matter, big mistake. I didn't keep a close eye on my oven, and my 1st batch of cookies turned brown too quickly and were over-baked due to the higher fat content, luckily the 2nd batch was ok. So the moral of the story is, even if you have tried a recipe many times, don't anyhow change it if it works. :)

My hubby loves these cookies, since they are crunchy outside and crumbly inside. I love eating them too, once you get started on these cookies, it's really difficult to stop at one. They do keep quite well and taste good even after a few days, but usually they don't last that long in our household, my hubby and I can finish all 80 of them within 2 days. :)

这个杏仁饼干外脆内酥,真的满好吃的,一吃就会吃上瘾,特地向大家强力推荐。


Recipe adapted from my old recipe back in 2010, originally from Violet Fenying.


Photobucket

I am linking this post to Bake-Along: Chinese New Year Cookies, organized by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids, Joyce of Kitchen Flavours and Lena of Frozen Wings.

7 comments:

  1. I have my share of being a "smart alec" in my kitchen! LOL!
    Your cookies looks good, perfect for the coming CNY!
    Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 80 cookies in 2 days? That's a lot and really fast! But your cookies look so delicious I can understand why! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is very yummy indeed! i totally agree with you that we should never reinvent the wheel

    ReplyDelete
  4. you baked one of my favourite cookies! it seems like since years ago, almond cookies never fail to appear in my house during cny. can understand why this doesnt last long in your house too! thx for sharing and linking this to bake along !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Miss B,

    You have baked this recipe for 10 times!!! I'm fully convinced that it must be good!!!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I think my kids can rival you when it comes to finsihing cookies! I made some German cookies today and they ate half of it (and that's right after dinner and sweetcorn for dessert!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ladies,
    Thanks very much for your comments. I'm the kind of person who actually doesn't like to try new recipes, as I'm afraid of failing and wasting ingredients, so i always bake using the same old recipe. 我可是一招闯江湖, 嘿嘿。

    ReplyDelete

Hi,
Thank you for dropping by my blog and taking the time to comment. All feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave your name (real or nick) if you would like me to answer a recipe question, otherwise all. anonymous questions and comments will be strictly ignored. Anonymity is one of my pet peeves. And any spam or links to adverts will be deleted. Thank you and have a nice day!

Print Button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails