Aspiring Bakers #31 - Bao Ho-Chiak 包好吃 (May 2013)

Looking for the best chinese steamed bun recipe? Here is the Roundup for Aspiring Bakers #31 - Bao Ho-Chiak 包好吃 (May 2013).

And if you are into steaming cakes, don't forget to browse through the Roundup for Aspiring Bakers #25 - Steaming Hot Cakes (Oct 2012).

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

My 1st Bakes for 2014

I went on a super-crazy baking frenzy on the 2nd day of 2014. I was asked to bake some tea-time treats for a group of 60 kids. Instead of spreading the baking over 2 days, I did it in a single session from 9am to 2pm, 7 cakes baked/cooked/steamed in parallel over 5 hours. Thank god there are such things called a steamer and a rice cooker, otherwise my oven would have exploded! Helped me save loads of time too, not sure about the electricity costs though! 

Still, I was dead tired during and after baking, I had to sit on a chair while whisking the batter with my handheld cake-mixer, in fact I couldn't stand for more than 10 min due to my current body condition. How I wish I could get a KitchenAid or a Kenwood mixer!

Can you guess which cake was baked using which method? If you are interested in knowing the answer, check out the comment on my facebook page. :)

Btw, a new rice cooker cake (a lemon butter cake) was created out of this baking session. It is a old recipe found in my blog, it was a pretty small cake which you just have to cook in the rice cooker for 50 min to 1 hour. Stay tuned and I will upload the lemon butter cake (rice cooker version) soon!

2 comments:

  1. Wow 7 cakes in 5 hours? You are so amazing! I don't think I can ever do it. And all these cakes look delicious! Do take care of yourself too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasline. I am ok, was just a little tired after the baking frenzy! :)

      Delete

Hi,
Thank you for dropping by my blog and taking the time to comment. All feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave your name (real or nick) if you would like me to answer a recipe question, otherwise all. anonymous questions and comments will be strictly ignored. Anonymity is one of my pet peeves. And any spam or links to adverts will be deleted. Thank you and have a nice day!

Print Button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails